CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

20 Weeks: Banana

Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. She's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom, and about the length of a banana. A greasy white substance called vernix caseosa coats her entire body to protect her skin during its long submersion in amniotic fluid. Your baby is swallowing more, which is good practice for her digestive system. She's also producing meconium, a black, sticky substance that's the result of cell loss, digestive secretion, and swallowed amniotic fluid. This meconium will accumulate in her bowels, and you'll see it in her first messy diaper. (Babycenter.com)



I. am. HUNGRY.

That about sums up this week.

Poppy must be growing a lot this week. All I know is that I am hungry all the time. I can't go more than an hour or two without a little snack, and am eating as much (or more) as Jared at dinner. I am downing a tall glass of water every hour too. I have been trying to increase my milk supply this week too, since pregnancy basically kills it. I think that has a lot to do with the need for extra calories.

Poppy has been kicking like crazy now. I feel the babe moving around usually around lunchtime, dinnertime, and always at bedtime. Poppy also kicks back whenever Sophia bounces on, sits on, pokes, or squishes my belly. Ahhh, siblings already.

I am now down to three pairs of jeans and almost ready to move into my maternity pants. I have grown a lot over the past week, eliminating several options quickly.

I am still very comfortable, though I am starting to loose my breath quicker now.

My desire for sweets is quickly beginning to wane. When I do indulge in a sweet treat, I usually pay for it with an upset stomach and immediate regret. Salty foods and proteins are replacing my cravings to sugar. I have been flying through eggs like you wouldn't believe. Milk is another hot item in my fridge (pun intended). Meat of almost any kind sounds incredible. Potatoes sound heavenly... I could go on for awhile.

Overall, a good week.

3 comments:

erin said...

HALF WAY!!!
You look so beautiful, Naomi!

Jodi said...

Lookin' good. Try Fenugreek pills to increase milk, if it's OK for Poppy. They have worked really well for me.

Kara Jo said...

Love the updates, Naomi!