CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 6, 2008

(8 Weeks) 11 Weeks: Fig


Poppy is just over 1 1/2 inches long (about the size of a fig), and is now almost fully formed. Hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under the gums, and some of the bones are beginning to harden. Baby is already busy kicking and stretching. These movements will become more frequent as the body grows and becomes more developed and functional. I won't be able to feel Poppy's acrobatics for several more weeks. (Babycenter.com)


I have noticed a few things that happen to me during pregnancy. The first time around, I didn't make the connection that it was the pregnancy causing these occurances. But now that they are happening again, it finally clicked. For one, I shed. I loose so much hair that one would think I am going bald. In the shower, I run my fingers through my hair and come out with handfuls of hair. Not just once- every single time I run my fingers through my hair. Every morning, my pillow is so covered with hair that it looks like Delilah snuck in with her strength-robbing shears... which would also explain why I am so tired al the time. My strength has been robbed.

Second, I go through a phase of incurable unattractiveness. This is the phase that comes before the miraculous pregnancy glow. In this first stage, nothing can be done to make me feel attractive. I mean nothing. No amount of make-up. It doesn't matter how long I spend on my hair. Not even my favorite, most flattering outfit. It is all in vain. But I know the clouds will soon part, and the sun will shine down on me causing me to glow. In this second stage, nothing can be done to make me feel unattractive. During this special time, I often feel more attractive than I ever did before I was pregnant! It is wonderful. Knowing that this second stage is on the horizen is what gets me through this horrible first one.


The "normal" pregnancy feelings I have been experiencing are fatigue, queasiness, dizziness, food aversions, and sensitivity to smells. The queasiness is more prevalent this time around. Most food does not sound appealing whatsoever, and I generally have to force myself to eat. I feel queasy when I don't eat. Then after I force something down, I feel queasy from the food. Yuck. So far, I have not been so sick to my stomach that I need to vomit. That's a blessing! I would still say that God has blessed me with easy pregnancies. I feel very lucky, and for the most part am feeling really good.

3 comments:

erin said...

Nene, You are absolutely radiant at any time.
Really. You're one of the most beautiful women I know.
I understand how you feel, though. I'm just saying.

Anonymous said...

I whole heartedly agreee with Erin. Youa ARE radiant and I would further agree that you are one of the most beautiful women I know...pregnant even more so!!!!!

Papar

Kara Jo said...

Ditto with the other gals. You are lovely. (But I can understand not feeling so lovely.) Also, FYI, I thought you looked AMAZING-- immediately right after you had Sophia, too. Nobody looks that good right away.

I empathize with the shedding. Mine always comes about 4 months AFTER I have a baby, though, and continues for about 3 months after that. (So you might have dual action going on. Postpartum AND pregnancy hormones all at once.) Once I lost an earring I treasured and Wade informed me that he found it in one of my massive hairballs clogging the drain. Fun fun.