CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

34 Weeks: Cantaloupe


Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which she'll need to regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. (Babycenter.com)




This past week has been all about preparation. It started on Thursday when we totally gutted the basement, setting aside any and everything we wanted to get rid of. That made a lot of space (for baby swings, exersaucers, bassinet, etc)!! We listed several items on Craigslist and have sold over half of them! This has brought in some extra cash that will definitely come in handy when it's time to buy diapers;)
I also dug through all the preemie and newborn clothes we had stashed, and put all the "neutral" colored ones into a drawer. I even started a hospital bag (even though there is only a blanket we bought for Poppy in it so far. It's a start!).
I feel like God is preparing us for the arrival. I have felt an urgency to get everything ready. Last night, I dreamt that my water broke! When I woke up, I found that it was just a dream. Whew.



I am not sleeping well anymore, and don't expect to again until Poppy starts sleeping through the night in about 3 months. My belly feels heavy and very uncomfortable, and I wake up every time I roll over. But it is so worth it! I love knowing what is under that bursting belly... my precious little Poppy! I must say that while we are extremely excited to meet Poppy, I do not feel in such a hurry to be done this time around. At least not yet. I am enjoying these last weeks of feeling Poppy within me, and preparing for his/her arrival.



Oh yeah, and the perma-peeing has begun.



Next appointment is this Thursday. Will update then.



3 comments:

Kara Jo said...

Still lookin' great, Naomi! And I'm continually impressed by the good attitude you always seem to have. What a great mom you are.

erin said...

I don't know how I missed this post.
And, yeah--you are a great mom. I'm really proud of you, friend. ;)
Sorry about the sleep--what can I do to help you?

erin said...

p.s. I think you've REALLY changed a lot from last week.