CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

37 Weeks: Swiss Chard

Congratulations — your baby is full term! This means that if your baby arrives now, his lungs should be fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside the womb, even though your due date is still three weeks away.Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard*). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz. (Babycenter.com)

*Note: The comparisons they are drawing between the size of my baby, and produce, are getting reeeeally weird. So if you were thinking that too, I'm with ya. And if you are one of those people who has actually heard of all this produce, maybe we should be better friends. You'd probably be a healthy addition to my life.


Exciting progress this week! I have started to feel my body change in preparation for delivery. I have been really crampy for the past four days now. I woke up this morning, and still have cramps (prementrual type cramps). I remembered this happening before Sophia was born too, so yesterday I went back and looked at her blog to see when I felt that way. It was EXACTLY the same week last year, about a week before I delivered. If my dates are more accurate for when I'm due, then this would be right on track (Sept 25th was the original due date).


I have also been feeling extremely sore and achy all week from loose joints, especially in my hips/pelvis, and neck. It's hard to explain, but my joints really do feel loose, and like they are not supporting the weight of my body as well.

As always, I have been extremely tired. A little more so this week than normal. I think my body is working overtime with all the changes taking place.

I believe the time is drawing near. I really don't think I have three full weeks left. I believe Poppy will make an appearance before that. My prediction is that within the next 2 weeks, baby will be in my arms, not my belly. Don't hold me to it, that is just my guess from the way my body is feeling these days.


UPDATE: Baby dropped last night! I have been feeling a significant increase in pressure on my pelvis today, and still very crampy all day. Getting closer!

2 comments:

kristi noser said...

I guess I never did understand (after the first couple of comparisons) where they got their vegetable logic. Whatever, it was kinda cute. Now let's compare baby to a September tomato--out of the garden!

Kara Jo said...

I'm just so excited for you. But it's so hard to wait, isn't it!?

OK, that picture of the Swiss Chard leaves something to be desired...