CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

38 Weeks: Leek

Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb. Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. (Babycenter.com)

I am slightly discouraged to be writing this week's update. On Monday, I had contractions ALL DAY, ranging from 3-12 minutes apart. However, they never got painful, or consistent. When I went to bed, I was still having contractions, and during the night I was awakened several times by strong ones. This encouraged me, and I thought that when I got up Tuesday morning and started moving around, things would progress. Instead, they died off completely. Bummer. I was pretty disappointed, but I believe that God is teaching me to trust Him, and be patient. Hard lessons to learn when you are this uncomfortable.


I'm feeling very tired and achy again this week. My joints are loose, and ready for delivery. I continue to feel my stomach muscles slowly ripping apart, which has been happening for 3 straight weeks now. My skin is stretching again too, causing more stretch marks and and insatiable, constant itch. On a normal day, I have probably around 20 contractions. This week, hopefully, brought more progress with having so many on Monday. With every contraction, I'm sure my body is getting that much closer to being ready. I just hope it's almost there.

To go along with my bodily aches, I just feel discouraged at this point. It hurts every time I move, I can NEVER get comfortable, I itch like crazy, I don't have nearly enough energy or agility to keep up with Sophia, much less the house... I realize that having this baby will create a whole new challenge, but I'm ready to try that one now. At least I will be able to move. I'd really appreciate any prayers for my attitude and emotional state in these last days. I am fighting so hard every day to be patient and trust God, and do it with a good attitude. God is helping me through these days and making them bearable, when I let Him. But on those days when I get stubborn and try to do things on my own, my world seems to crumble.





4 comments:

Unknown said...

My Dear Foofy,

Please let me know if you would like me to come over and watch Sophie or do laundry, or pick up the house or bring you pickles and ice-cream.

I love you so!!!!!!!!!

Papar

Unknown said...

Dear Poppy,

I think you are a boy because you are being such a stinker and being so stubborn and giving mommy such trouble! I wish you would be listening to the wishes of your mommy and Auntie Megan and coming when we ask you. It's really quite fun out here! You've been hiding long enough and we're ready to see you.

Love you lots already, Megan

Unknown said...

And P.S.

A Leek!? Really that's the best thing they could come up with at this point? How about water melon! I'm sure that would feel more accurate.

Kara Jo said...

Oh Sweetie, I know it's hard at the end when you're just ready to be done. Have lots of grace on yourself--both now and when #2 arrives.

I think you're going to have a good labor experience. Your body's really gearing up. Those contractions you were having will not be wasted!

I know it can be annoying when people share their own stories, but here I go...(ignore if you wish.) When I was pregnant with Emily, my birth experience went something like this: end of week 37: woke up to contractions 3-5 minutes apart. (Though not very strong.) Went to hospital. progressed to 4 cm and then labor petered out. Went home. Major Bummer. You understand. So I expected every day that next week that I'd surely go into labor. It took another 7 days of not much happening...but then my water broke with a GUSH at the end of week 38--and Emily was born just 2&1/2 hours later. I kind of felt like labor took a week though.

Praying your labor goes quickly, too, especially with all that preparation your body's been doing (3 cm dilated, effacing going on, and contractions, too.)